An easy-to-use identification guide to the 280 bird species most commonly seen in the Philippines, together with rare endemic species.
- For each species the informative text describes identifying features, distribution, habits and habitats, and sites where it can be seen
- Size, common and scientific names listed
- Overview of climate, vegetation, biogeography, bird migration, conservation and the main birding sites
- Includes a complete checklist of the birds of the Philippines with their status in the region and current global status
"[...] Overall, the quality and consistency of the data presented is high, and the reader is given a taste of what to expect when birding the archipelago. The authors’ extensive first-hand knowledge of the birds and the islands comes through on every page and overall this guide is a handy companion for both visitors and residents alike."
– Vincent Nijman, Ibis (158), 2016
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Maia Tañedo is a member of the Wild Bird Club of the Philippines; she has helped conduct guided birdwatching trips for first-time birders as well as giving lectures in schools about birdwatching.
Robert Hutchinson is a co-founder of Birdtour Asia, organizing and guiding tours throughout Asia. Rob has published numerous articles and scientific papers on Asian birds, and is a keen sound-recordist and I photographer. Rob currently resides in the Philippines.
Adrian and Trinket Constantino are a husband-and-wife team who both organize bird walks for the Wild Bird Club of the Philippines and have an extensive experience of birdwatching in the Philippines.
Your orders support book donation projects
We welcome the range and price of boxes available and have been delighted with the speedy service compared to other suppliers.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985