By: Isaac Ishaaya(Editor), Subba Reddy Palli(Editor), A Rami Horowitz(Editor)
337 pages, 29 colour & 44 b/w illustrations, 2 colour tables
Among the highlights of Advanced Technologies for Managing Insect Pests is the use of novel insecticides acting on a specific site in an insect group and are compatible with natural enemies and the environment. One of such approaches is based on disrupting the activity of biochemical sites acting on transcription factors such as the basic Helix-Loop-Helix (bHLH) family, anti juvenile hormone (AJH) agents that target JH biosynthetic enzymes, G-protein coupled receptors (GPCR) and bursicon as targets for insect control. Another one is the biotechnology or the genetic approach such as gene silencing (RNA interference) and Bt-crops. Other sections of Advanced Technologies for Managing Insect Pests are devoted to the plant's natural products, optical manipulation and the use of nanotechnology for improving insect control methods.
1. Advanced Technologies for Managing Insect Pests: an Overview
2. bHLH Transcription Factors: Potential Target Sites for Insecticide Development
3. Juvenile Hormone Biosynthetic Enzymes as Targets for Insecticide Discovery
4. G Protein-Coupled Receptors as Target Sites for Insecticide Discovery
5. Bursicon as a Potential Target for Insect Control
6. Cell-based Screening Systems for Insecticides
7. Advanced Screening to Identify Novel Pesticides
8. Arthropod Genomics and Pest Management Targeting GPCRs
9. RNA Interference and its Potential for Developing New Control Methods against Insect Pests
10. Comparative Aspects of Cry Toxic Usages in Insect Control
11. Plant Natural Products for Pest Management: the Magic of Mixture
12. Optical Manipulations: An Advance Approach for Reducing Sucking Insect Pests
13. Recent Progress in Bed Bug Management
14. Advanced Methods for Controlling Insect Pests in Dry Food
15. Nanotechnology: an Advanced Approach to the Development of Potent Insecticide
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
The shipment arrived, beautifully packaged, in perfect condition. Thanks for your exceptional service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985