Plants and other living organisms have great potential to treat human disease. There are two distinct types of biomedical research that seek to develop this potential. One type of research explores the value of medicinal plants as traditionally used and studies of these plants have the potential to determine which plants are most potent, optimize dosages and dose forms, and identify safety risks. Another type of research uses bioassays to identify single molecules from plants that have interesting bioactivities in isolation and might be useful lead compounds for the development of pharmaceutical drugs.
This new volume of Advances in Botanical Research covers the recent trends in Medicinal Plants Research over 11 chapters. Topics that are covered include Development of Drugs from Plants - Regulation and Evaluation, Chinese Herbal Medicines for Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Taxol, camptothecin and beyond for cancer therapy.
- Authentication and Quality Assessment of the Antitussive Herb Baibu (Radix Stemonae)
- In Vitro Propagation and Approaches for Metabolites Production in Medicinal Plants
- Regulation of Inflammation-Mediated Chronic Diseases by Botanicals
- Developing phytocompounds from medicinal plants as immunomodulators
- Chinese Herbal Medicines for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ligusticum chuanxiong and its decoctions: effects and underlying mechanisms of action on stroke
- Potential of "omics" technologies for implementation in research on phytotherapeutical toxicology
- Taxol, camptothecin and beyond for cancer therapy
- Herbal medicine: Toxicity and recent trends in assessing their potential toxic effects
- Development of Drugs from Plants - Regulation and Evaluation
- Effects of beta-glucans on different immune cell populations and cancers
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is a national institution, not to say an international one, in the world of natural history!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985