By: Sophia Barinova(Editor)
363 pages, 170 b/w photos, b/w illustrations and b/w maps; 74 tables
Rivers in the Eastern Mediterranean, Israel in particular, are small and located mostly in the coastal plane. In the first step of ecosystem assessment, 671 species of algae and cyanobacteria belonging to nine taxonomic divisions were revealed by our research during 2002-2009 in the Yarqon, Alexander, Hadera, Qishon, and Oren rivers in the coastal plane, the Lower and Upper Jordan Rivers in the rift valley, as well as the Zin stream in the Negev Desert. Algal Diversity in the River Ecosystems of the Eastern Mediterranean presents and discusses research which suggests that in semiarid environments the influence of anthropogenic factors is strongly modulated by climatic impacts causing a marked decrease of species richness in aquatic ecosystems from north to south.
- Material & methods
- Algal diversity & water quality dynamics in the coastal rivers of Israel
- Algal diversity & water quality dynamics in the Rift Valley rivers
- Experimental assessment of algal vegetative activity by the glass slides (in vitro) method
- Eastern Mediterranean climate seasonality & community structure change
- Regional influences on algal biodiversity in the rivers of Eurasia study sites description
- Algal communities in the rivers of Eastern Mediterranean as evidence of climate change
- The Eastern Mediterranean climatic impact on the algal community structure
- Final statement for use of algae in water quality assessment & monitoring
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Extremely pleased with the quality of the product, the ease of the ordering system and the speed at which the item was dispatched.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985