Series: Woodhead Publishing in Materials
By: NE Shanmugam(Editor), CM Wang(Editor)
498 pages, b/w illustrations
Steel and other types of plated structures are used in a variety of applications from aircrafts to ships and offshore platforms to bridges, power plants and cranes. A key issue in the use of these structures is their stability behaviour under compressive stress. Analysis and design of plated structures reviews the wealth of research in this important area and its implications for design, safety and maintenance.
Analysis and Design of Plated Structures, Volume 1: Stability considers the various types of buckling that plated structures are likely to encounter. Chapters also review buckling in a range of materials from steel to differing types of composite. The book also discusses the behaviour of differing types of components used in steel-plated structures. These components include steel beams and columns as well as curved, stiffened, corrugated, laminated and other types of plate design.
With its distinguished editors and international team of contributors, Analysis and design of plated structures is a useful standard reference for civil engineers involved in the design of plated structures.
- Lateral buckling of tapered steel members
- Buckling of plates with variable inplane forces
- Finite element formulation for plate stability analysis
- Mesh-free methods for buckling analysis of stiffened and corrugated plates
- Plastic buckling of plates
- Mechanical and thermal buckling of ceramic-metal plates
- Thermal buckling and postbuckling of laminated plates
- Local and interaction buckling in composite columns
- Buckling and postbuckling of stiffened composite structures
- Analysing the strength and ductility of plated structures
- Concrete-filled steel box columns
- Analysis of corrugated web plates in bridge structures
- Interaction of curvature on the stability and design of curved plate girders
- Buckling failure of structures consisting of curved plates
- Local buckling and postbuckling analysis of light gauge steel members
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
N. E. Shanmugam is Professor of Civil Engineering at Universiti Kebangsaan, Malaysia. N. E. Shanmugam has published widely in the area of plated structures. C. M. Wang is Professor of Engineeering Science and Civil Engineering at the National University of Singapore.
Your orders support book donation projects
On behalf of Parque Nacional Nahuel Huapi I would like to thank NHBS. The book will be very useful for my students.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985