Biodiversity, Ecosystem Services and Genetically Modified Organisms
This paper considers the potential environmental impact of genetically modified (GM) crops and links this to the concepts of biodiversity and ecosystem services.
2. The concept of biodiversity
3. The functions of biodiversity
4. Human domination of the earth
5. Concerns about biodiversity
6. Ecosystem services
7. Why do ecosystem services have to be considered in GM impact assessment?
8. Current testing regimes for GM plants
9. Selection of test organisms
10. Representativeness of test materials
11. A proposed new approach for environmental impact testing
View other products from the same publisher