By: Supratim Choudhuri(Author)
238 pages, ~100 illustrations
Bioinformatics for Beginners provides a coherent and friendly treatment of bioinformatics for any student or scientist within biology who has not routinely performed bioinformatic analysis.
Bioinformatics for Beginners discusses relevant principles needed to understand the theoretical underpinnings of bioinformatic analysis, and demonstrates with examples targeted analysis using freely available web-based software and publicly available databases. Eschewing non-essential information, the work focuses on principles and hands-on analysis and points to many further study options.
1. Fundamentals of Genes and Genomes
2. Fundamentals of Molecular Evolution
3. Genomic Technologies
4. The Beginning of Bioinformatics
5. Data, Databases, Data Format, Database Search, Data Retrieval Systems and Genome Browsers
6. Sequence Alignment and Similarity Searching in Genomic Databases: Blast and Fasta
7. Additional Analyses Involving Nucleic Acid Sequences
8. Additional Analyses Involving Protein Sequences
9. Phylogenetic Analysis
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Dr. Supratim Choudhuri is a toxicologist at the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Dr. Choudhuri has extensively published in the fields of molecular toxicology, metabolism, genomics, and epigenetics. He has previously edited a book, titled Genomics: Fundamentals and Applications with a colleague Dr. David B. Carlson.
Your orders support book donation projects
The shipment arrived, beautifully packaged, in perfect condition. Thanks for your exceptional service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985