Edited By: Karol Miller
228 pages, 62 colour & 45 b/w illustrations
The mechanical properties of living tissues continue to be the major topic of biomechanical investigations. Most researchers have investigated load-bearing tissues, such as bones, ligaments, muscles and other components of the musculoskeletal system, blood vessels (and blood), lungs, skin and hair. Until recently, very soft tissues of organs whose role has little or nothing to do with transmitting mechanical loads have been outside the scope of the mainstream biomechanical research. These "neglected" organs include the liver, kidneys, prostate and other abdominal organs, and especially the brain. Increased interest in the biomechanics of soft tissues, particularly the brain, as evidenced by the increased number of publications in this area, has motivated this effort to summarize recent developments. "Biomechanics of the Brain" will take the reader to the forefront of current research.
Covering topics from brain anatomy and imaging to sophisticated methods of modeling brain injury and neurosurgery, to the cutting edge methods in analyzing cerebrospinal fluid and blood flow, this book is the first comprehensive reference in the field of biomechanics of the brain. Experienced biomechanics researchers as well as those new to the field will find parts of this book useful.
- Introduction to Brain Anatomy
- Introduction to Brain Imaging
- Brain Tissue Mechanical Properties
- Modeling of the Brain for Injury Simulation and Prevention
- Biomechanical Modeling of the Brain for Computer-Assisted Neurosurgery
- Dynamics of Cerebrospinal Fluid From Theoretical Models to Clinical Applications
- Computational Fluid Dynamics for the Assessment of Cerebrospinal Fluid Flow and Its Coupling with Cerebral Blood Flow
- Algorithms for Computational Biomechanics of the Brain
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I have always been MOST impressed by the efficiency, courtesy, integrity and professionalism of NHBS!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985