Series: Electronics and Biotechnology Advanced (ELBA) Forum Series Volume: 3
206 pages, biography
The present volume is a continuation of the EL.B.A. Forum Series which was initiated in the spring of 1992 in Marciana Marina (Italy), with the first volume entitled From Neural Networks and Biomolecular Engineering to Bioelectronics published by Plenum Press in 1995. Bioelectronics-originally introduced in April, 1987, at a symposium hosted by CIREF, a research consortium among leading high tech industries in Novara (Italy) – -was later defined in two successive consensus reports at the first (Bruxelles, 1991) and second (Frankfurt, 1994) European Union Workshops on this widely interdisciplinary field, as "the use ofbiological materials and biological architectures for information processing and sensing systems and devices down to molecular Ievel."
lt is worth noting that these workshops gave birth to the first European research program on "lnterfacing Biology with Electronics" during 1996-1999, following the !arge Programma Nazionale Ricerca on "Technologies for Bioelectronics" launched by the ltalian Ministry ofUniversities and Research in 1990. In autumn, 1996, with the second volume, entitledMolecular Manufacturing, the em- phasis was placed on the ernerging parallel area of nanotechnology, independently initiated in Palo Alto, Zurich, Genova, Mainz, and Tokyo by various groups (i.e., IBM, Xerox, Polo Nazionale Bioelettronica, Max Planck Institutes), universities (i.e., Stanford, Genova, Rice, Tokyo), and organizations (i.e., Foresight, Erato, Fondazione EL.B.A., Frontiers Research, MITI) of different sizes, scopes, and latitudes.
- Metalloprotein Engineering for New Materials, Drugs and Nanodevices, C. Nicolini
- Modulation of the Electron Transport System of Oxygenic Photosynthesis, G. Forti, G. Finazzi
- Electron Transfer in Mitochondrial Steroid Hydroxylating Cytochrome P450 Systems: Role of Adrenodoxin, R. Bernhardt
- Preparation, Structural Characterization and Functional Coupling of Tethered Membranes to Solid Substrates, W. Knoll, et al.
- Targeted Expression of Mammalian Cytochromes P450scc and P4502b4 in Yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, M.A. Eldarov, et al.
- The Molecular Role of the Pufx Protein in Bacterial Photosynthetic Electron Transfer, F. Francia, et al.
- Single Electron and Quantum Phenomena in Ultra Small Particles, V. Erokhin, et al.
- Electron Correlation in Quantum Molecular Biophysics: The Case Study of Hemocyaninm, P. Fariselli, R. Casadio
- Electron Transfer Relations in Multicopper Oxidases, L. Calabrese
- The Optical Biosensor Study of Protein-Protein Interactions within Cytochromes P450 Containing Monooxygenase Systems, A.I. Archakov, Y.D. Ivanov
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!