Evolving bio and nanotechnologies encompass a vast and diverse assortment of products and materials that have the potential to bring about major changes in our lives. However, remarkable benefits can all too often be accompanied by potential detrimental consequences. "Biotechnology and Nanotechnology Risk Assessment: Minding and Managing the Potential Threats around Us" presents contemporary research efforts, public policy and regulatory aspects, and ethical issues focused on recognizing, understanding, and responding to these consequences in terms of human and environmental impacts. This includes topics relevant to manufactured nanoparticle toxicity in relation to human, animal, and microorganism exposure, consequent environmental fate and impacts, and downstream effects on other emerging nano/bio industries. Emerging tools and modeling approaches for enhanced understanding of bio and nanotechnology risks are presented in order to provide a comprehensive and balanced overview of nano/biotechnology risk assessment.
1. Understanding and Coping with Social Risk in Emerging Technology Risk Assessment
2. Case Study of an Emergent Nanotechnology: Identifying Environmental Risks from Silver Nanotechnology through an Expert Elicitation Methodology
3. Environmental Application and Risks of Nanotechnology: A Balanced View
4. Environmental Fate, Transport, and Transformation of Carbon Nanoparticles
5. Ecotoxicity of Fullerenes and Carbon Nanotubes: A Critical Review of Evidence for Nano-Size Effects
6. Nanotoxicology in the Microbial World
7. Methodologies for Toxicity Monitoring and Nanotechnology Risk Assessment
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I have always been MOST impressed by the efficiency, courtesy, integrity and professionalism of NHBS!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985