By: Arnold Gucsik(Editor)
160 pages, 34 colour & 32 b/w photos and illustrations, 7 tables
Cathodoluminescence and its Application in the Planetary Sciences provides an overview of cathodoluminescence properties of the planetary materials. It is unique in that it is the first book of its kind presenting new important data on cathodolumiescence spectrocopy and microscopy on samples of impactites, meteorites, shock recovery experiences and interplanetary dust particles. Each chapter is written by a well-known specialist and covers new fields such as shock-induced microdeformations in minerals, astrobiology and the cosmochemistry of meteorites.
1. Physical principles of cathodoluminescence (CL) and its applications in geosciences
2. Shock metamorphism of terrestrial impact structures and its application in the Earth and Planetary Sciences
3. Petrological modifications in continental target rocks from terrestrial impact structures: Evidence from cathodoluminescence
4. Impact diamonds: formation, mineralogical features and cathodoluminescence properties
5. Cathodoluminescence microscopy and spectroscopy of lunar rocks and minerals
6. Cathodoluminescence instrumentation for analysis of Martian sediments
7. Astrobiological aspect of chemolithoautotrophic bacterial activity in the role of black shale-hosted Mn mineralization and cathodoluminescence study of high Mn-bearing carbonates
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Thank You and Aloha
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985