Each title in the series addresses an environmental topic and illustrated its aspects with the help of maps. An introductory spread presents the topic of conservation areas and explains key ideas, concepts and vocabulary. Twelve spreads each introduce an area of the world, including a map locating relevant sites, graphs offering comparative data and photography. A spread at the back of the book provides further study and comparison exercises.
- British Isles - Landscape conservation
- South America - Sustainable forestry
- North America - Desertification
- Africa - Wildlife conservation
- Asia - Species conservation
- Indian sub-continent - World Heritage Sites
- Europe - Wetland conservation
- New Zealand - Marine conservation
- Antarctica - Fragile environments
- Australia - Coral reefs
- World - Whaling
- Western Europe - Air pollution
- World - Global warming
- World - Over-fishing
- Now test yourself!
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Jack and Meg Gillett are both experienced geography teachers in primary and secondary schools and have written several geography books for Hodder Murray including those on mapskills, ecosystems and the environment.
Your orders support book donation projects
We have always been very happy with NHBS service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985