By: David M Martill(Editor), Darren Naish(Editor)
433 pages, 42 plates with colour & b/w photos and colour illustrations; b/w photos, b/w illustrations, b.w maps, tables
The Wealden Group of the Wessex Basin exposed in the coastal cliffs of the Isle of Wight, southern England, is famous for the abundance, diversity and high quality of preservation of its dinosaur fauna. This comprehensive guide reviews all of the major groups of dinosaurs recorded from the island and describes all of the known species. Notes are provided on the status of each species and guides to identifiation are given. Some data are published here for the first time. Each species is illustrated with examples from internationally famous museum collections.
1. Introduction: David M. Martill, Darren Naish and Stephen Hutt
2. The Geology of the Isle of Wight: David M. Martill and Darren Naish
3. The Global Significance of the Isle of Wight Dinosaurs: David M. Martill and Darren Naish
4. Taphonomy and Preservation: David M. Martill
5. Ornithopod Dinosaurs: Darren Naish and David M. Martill
6. Boneheaded and Horned Dinosaurs: Darren Naish and David M. Martill
7. Armoured Dinosaurs: Thyreophorans: Darren Naish and David M. Martill
8. Saurischian Dinosaurs 1: Sauropods: Darren Naish, Stephen Hutt and David M. Martill
9. Dinosaur Trace Fossils: Footprints, Coprolites and Gastroliths: David M. Martill and Darren Naish
10. Pterosaurs: Stafford C. B. Howse, Andrew R. Milner and David M. Martill
11. An Aid to the Easy Identification of the Commoner Wealden Dinosaur Bones: David M. Martill and Darren Naish
12. A Dinosaur Trail: David M. Martill
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
We welcome the range and price of boxes available and have been delighted with the speedy service compared to other suppliers.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985