Dinosaurs of Eastern Iberia
Eastern Iberia contains one of the richest fossil records of Mesozoic vertebrates in Europe. This record spans an 80-million-year period that includes key moments in Earth's history, such as the extinction events at the Jurassic-Cretaceous and the Cretaceous-Tertiary boundaries.
This volume tells the story of Iberia's tumultuous geological history and presents a detailed synthesis of the region's dinosaur discoveries, with fact sheets and reconstructions of each species found there. It also describes the flora and fauna that made up the ancient ecosystems and explores the paleobiogeography of this dynamic region.
A beautifully illustrated book that covers... spectacular sites, and very interesting specimens... I am unaware of any comparable treatment. I suspect that many will buy the book for the artwork alone!
- James O. Farlow, co-editor, "The Complete Dinosaur"
Preface: The Dinosaurs of Eastern Iberia
1. Paleontological Discoveries and Studies
2. The Geological Context: The Upper Jurassic and Lower Cretaceous
3. The Geological Context: The Upper Cretaceous Peninsula
4. History and Classification of Dinosaurs
5. Origin and Diversity of Dinosaurs
6. The Study of Dinosaur Fossils
7. Saurischians through Time
8. Ornithischians through Time
9. Fauna and Flora in the Age of Dinosaur
10. Global Distribution and Dinosaur Environments of Eastern Iberia
11. Mass Extinctions and the End of Dinosaurs
12. The Reconstruction of Dinosaurs and their World
Sites, Museums, and Paleontological Research Centers in Eastern Iberia
Vew all titles in Palaeozoology & Extinctions combined with Iberian Peninsula (GEN)
View other products from the same publisher
There are currently no organisations listed for this subjectIf you are involved in a scientific, conservation or environmental organisation and would like to be listed, please see our NHBS-Xchange information page.