We act as the distributor, agent or main stockist for over 160 wildlife, science and conservation publishers. Our Distribution Service is tailored to the needs of conservation organisations, museums, zoos, botanic gardens, scientific societies and other specialist natural history and environment publishers who want to concentrate on getting their title to the right market.
- Are you a publisher needing a world-class distribution service?
- Do you need a distributor with expert knowledge of the wildlife and science markets?
- Are you looking for a distribution team with real passion for environment books?
- Read more about Distribution plus, our unique distribution package on the publisher information page.
Titles Distributed by NHBS
Publishers Distributed by NHBS
An asterisk* indicates that NHBS is the exclusive or principal distributor; for other publishers we are a main stockist.
- Al Roya Publishing - Key ornithology guides for Oman
- BirdLife International* - the world's leading bird conservation NGO publishes a wide range of material, including key collections of data on important bird areas of the world
- BirdLife South Africa* - publishers of documentation from the 22nd International Ornithological Congress, plus other bird conservation titles with an African focus
- British Ornithologists' Union - the BOU publishes the invaluable Checklists, avifaunas for countries or regions
- Camara Municipal do Funchal - Natural history publications covering the Funchal Ecological Park and Madeiran Archipelago, Portugal.
- Circle Books - Marine titles including, Red Sea Reef Guide & Upon the Face of the Waters
- CIRIA Publications* - useful titles covering the application of environmental techniques to the construction industry and allied activities
- Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology - one of the worlds leading producers of ornithological and wildlife sound recordings
- CSB Conservation Publications* - useful reports of biological surveys and conservation priorities in Latin America and Indonesia
- ETI Information Services Ltd* - Their 'World Biodiversity Database' series of CD-ROMs, available in both Macintosh and Windows versions, provide an important thesaurus for scientific research, monitoring studies, nature conservation and environmental projects across a broad range of fauna and flora
- Fantastico Sur* - Birding guides for Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego, Antarctic Peninsula, Beagle Channel, Cape Horn & Torres del Paine National Park (Chile)
- Fauna & Flora International* - NHBS is the worldwide distributor for selected "Fauna & Flora International" titles.
- Fenix Books - Acclaimed natural history titles including, The Atlantic Gannet & The Last Continent: Discovering Antarctica
- Friends of the Chagos - Useful series of booklets on the fauna and flora of these remote Indian Ocean islands.
- Heinz Remold - The Land Birds of Southeast Brazil CDROM series
- HML Enterprises - an independent publisher of illustrated field checklists specifically for the Costa Rica and Central American region
- Joint Nature Conservation Committee* - a huge list of titles on all UK nature conservation subjects and topics
- JNCC-GCR* - NHBS is now the exclusive distributor of the as yet unpublished volumes in the Geological Conservation Review Series, which will comprise 42 volumes when complete.
- Lynx Ediciones - Lynx is the publisher of Handbook of Birds of the World, the definitive 12 volume handbook. NHBS is the main UK stockist
- Missouri Botanical Garden Press - one of the world's major botanical publishers. All MBG Press titles will shortly be available direct from stocks held in the NHBS warehouse.
- Ocean Explorer Maps* - A pioneering map series aims to meet the needs of passengers on cruise ships - Ocean Explorer maps provide basic background information - wildlife, sites of historical, cultural, or archaeological interest and towns - and illustrations that help cruise passengers to appreciate and understand the places they are visiting, as well as being cartographically accurate maps that show them exactly where they are going
- Oxford Forestry Institute - OFI is the base for Oxford University's activities in forestry education, training, research, information, and advisory services. We feature a comprehensive list of their titles covering the full range of worldwide forestry issues.
- Pacific Press* - independent publishing house, which focuses on critical environment, health and development issues for the 21st century.
- Pensoft Publishers - Sofia and Moscow-based natural science publishers. All Pensoft titles are available from NHBS, most from stock. Together with Pensoft we also run NHBS Russo-Asiatic, a web-based catalogue of thousands of natural science titles published in Russia and other former Soviet Union countries.
- Prion* - publishers of the Bird Watchers' Guides Series.
- RSPB - a number of african bird conservation titles from the UK's leading ornithological NGO
- Royal Museum of Central Africa - a world centre for research and knowledge dissemination on the past and present societies and the natural environments of Africa, in particular of Central Africa.
- Station Biologique de la Tour du Valat - based in the Camargue, the Station has particular expertise in issues relating to wetlands, a focus reflected in their publications.
- Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel * - the excellent Guide to the Birding Hotspots of Israel series
- Turquesa Publicaciones - Tenerife based, Turquesa Publicaciones publish a wide range of birding and general natural history titles for the Canary Islands.
- Waymark* - Birding titles including A Birdwatcher's Guide to Malaysia & Where to Find Birds in Australia, from John Bransbury
- West Palearctic Birds* - NHBS sells the original colour plates from Birds of the Western Palearctic on behalf of West Palearctic Birds Ltd. Many plates are still available.
- Wetlands International* - Wetlands International is a major international conservation organisation working to protect and conserve the world's wetlands.
- Wild Guides - Uniquely functional, field-oriented photographic guides on a range of wildlife
- Wildlife Heritage Trust Publications - WHT publishes a range of titles on the fauna and flora of Sri Lanka.
- World Wildlife Fund - distribution of their ethnobotany video series.