The aim of the Handbooks in Practical Animal Cell Biology is to provide practical workbooks for those involved in primary cell culture. Each volume addresses a different cell lineage, and contains an introductory section followed by individual chapters on the culture of specific differentiated cell types. The authors of each chapter are leading researchers in their fields and use their first-hand experience to present reliable techniques in a clear and thorough manner. Endothelial Cell Culture contains chapters on endothelial cells derived from 1) lung, 2) bone marrow, 3) brain, 4) mammary glands, 5) skin, 6) adipose tissue, 7) female reproductive system, and 8) synovium.
"At last! A book dedicated to the isolation of endothelian cells [...] there are some excellent sections [...] the book should provide a useful reference that will assist any research laboratory interested in isolating microvascular endothelial cells"
- Chris Jackson, Trends in Cell Biology
Preface to the series
Introduction Roy Bicknell
1. Lung microvascular endothelial cells: defining in vitro models William W. Carley
2. Bone marrow endothelium John Sweetenham and Lisa Masek
3. Endothelium of the brain Charlotte Schulze
4. Isolation, culture and properties of microvessel endothelium from human breast adipose tissue P. W. Hewett and J Cliff Murray
5. Human skin microvascular endothelial cells Zbigniew Ruszczak
6. Microvascular endothelium from adipose tissue Stuart K. Williams
7. Endothelium of the female reproductive system Yuan Zhao and Margaret C. P. Rees
8. Synovial microvascular endothelial cell isolation and culture S. E. Abbott, C. R. Stevens and D. R. Blake.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is a national institution, not to say an international one, in the world of natural history!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985