Edited By: Hami Alpas, Simon M Berkowicz and Irina Ermakova
187 pages, 30 b/w illustrations
In recent years, the concept of environmental security has been adapted to include preparedness for acts of ecoterrorism. This latter term has now become synonymous with environmental terrorism where the perpetrator uses the environment as a weapon to harm an opponent. The intended outcome is usually large-scale deaths, severe damage to the environment, and instilling fear in the general population. This book explores various facets of ecoterrorism including the role of the state in pursuing and maintaining environmental security, a review of the concept of ecoterrorism, food security challenges and weaknesses, technological countermeasures to enable rapid detection or response, and existing pollution sources and hazards that may serve as targets for terrorist acts. In sum, this volume provides a useful overview for both the layperson and experienced researchers.
- Environmental Security and its Meaning for the State
- Eco-terrorism/Enviro-terrorism: Background, Prospects, Countermeasures
- Eco terrorism: an Ecological-Economic Convergence
- Food Defence and Security - The New Reality
- Theoretical Issues of Food Chain Security and Case Studies in the Czech Army
- Impact of Pesticides as Organic Micro-pollutants on the Environment and Risks for Mankind
- Environmental Lead Contamination as Eco-terrorism and a Threat to Ecosystems and Public Health
- Emergence of the Science and Technology of Electroactivated Aqueous Solutions: Applications for Environmental and Food Safety
- Environmental and Human Health Issues of Silver Nanoparticles Applications
- Environmental Security of Solid Wastes in the Western Donbas Coal Mining Region, Ukraine
- Urban Air Quality Management and Emergency Response
- Processing of Hyperspectral Imagery for Contamination Detection in Urban Areas
- Ukraine and Romania: Transboundary Environmental Security and Ecology of Shared Water Resources
- Destruction of the Biosphere as the Result of Negative Influences of Different Factors on Living Organisms and the Environment
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Your quick and straightforward service saved the fieldwork for my PhD project in Kerala.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985