By: Steven P Millard, Nagaraj K Neerchal and Philip Dixon
Condensed and reorganized, this comprehensive second edition covers most of the statistical methods used in the field and now features the use of both R and S-Plus software. Continuing to emphasize log-normal distributions, censored data, and computing, the book includes additional material on equivalence testing. It also illustrates environmental sampling designs using the public domain package VSP. In addition, the authors provide a detailed discussion of spatial mapping procedures and spatial mapping analysis in R. Along with updated problem sets and new examples, this edition contains numerous new references that bring the research up to date.
- Designing a Sampling Program
- Probability Distributions
- Looking at Data
- Inference for Distribution Parameters and Related Quantities
- Calculating Confidence Intervals
- Quantiles, Prediction Intervals, Tolerance Intervals, and Control Charts
- Hypothesis Tests for Comparing to a Standard
- Hypothesis Tests for Comparing Groups
- Regression and Correlation
- Detection Limits and Censored Data
- Time Series Analysis
- Spatial Statistics
- Monte Carlo Simulation and Risk Assessment
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Steven P. Millard is a consultant in Seattle, Washington.
Nagaraj K. Neerchal is the chair of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Maryland in Baltimore.
Philip Dixon is a professor of statistics at Iowa State University in Ames
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is my favorite supplier (very professional and fast). Bravo!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985