By: Mina CG Davies Morel(Author)
The third edition of this highly successful textbook is updated throughout...
The fourth edition of this popular textbook provides a comprehensive account of how to successfully breed horses. Updated throughout, the new edition will cover techniques such as cloning, intra-cytoplasmic sperm injections (ICSI), in vitro fertilisation (IVF) and related reproductive technology that is currently being developed. Equine Reproductive Physiology, Breeding and Stud Management also looks at reproductive anatomy, endocrine control and selection for breeding mares and stallions, and pregnancy, parturition and lactation in the mare. This classic textbook is required reading for many equine science and related courses.
1. The Reproductive Anatomy of the Mare
2. The Reproductive Anatomy of the Stallion
3. Control of Reproduction in the Mare
4. Control of Reproduction in the Stallion
5. The Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy in the Mare
6. Endocrine Control of Pregnancy in the Mare
7. The Physical Process of Parturition
8. The Endocrine Control of Parturition
9. The Anatomy and Physiology of Lactation
10. Control of Lactation in the Mare
11. Selection of the Mare and Stallion for Breeding
12. Preparation of the Mare and Stallion for Covering
13. Mating Management
14. Management of the Pregnant Mare
15. Management of the mare at Parturition
16. Management of the Lactating Mare and Young Foal
17. Weaning and Management of Young stock
18. Stallion Management
20. Artificial Insemination
21. Embryo Transfer and Advanced Reproductive Techniques
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Shopping at NHBS is always good. The range of books is wide, the service is excellent, the orders arrive swiftly.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985