By: Chi-Kuang Wen(Editor)
286 pages, 36 colour & 6 b/w illustrations
Ethylene in Plants focuses on recent advances in our understanding of the signal transduction pathway of ethylene, its interaction with other hormones and its roles in biological processes. It discusses at which point plants could have acquired ethylene signaling from an evolutionary perspective. Ethylene was the first gaseous hormone to be identified and triggers various responses in higher plants. Our grasp of ethylene signaling has rapidly expanded over the past two decades, due in part to the isolation of the components involved in the signal transduction pathway. Ethylene in Plants offers a helpful guide for plant scientists and graduate students in related areas.
- Ethylene Biosynthesis and Regulation in Plants
- Isolation of Components Involved in Ethylene Signaling
- Ethylene Receptors-Biochemical Events
- The Role of Protein-Protein Interactions in Signaling by the Ethylene Receptor
- Regulatory Components of Ethylene Signal Transduction
- Ethylene Signaling: from the Endoplasmic Reticulum to the Nucleus
- Ethylene as a Plant Hormone-An Evolutionary Perspective
- Interactions of Ethylene and Other Signals
- Integration of Ethylene and Gibberellin Signaling
- Integration of Ethylene and Auxin Signaling and the Developmental Consequences of Their Crosstalk
- Ethylene and Plant Immunity
- Research Tools: Biochemical and Biophysical Techniques for Studying Ethylene Signaling
- Research Tool: Ethylene Preparation: Treatment with Ethylene and Its Replacements
- Research Tools: Ethylene Detection
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Dr. Chi-Kuang Wen is a professor from the Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institute for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences. His research interests focus on the dissection of ethylene signal transduction in Arabidopsis and the investigation of the roles of ethylene in the regulation of growth and development in the rice.
Your orders support book donation projects
I'm telling all my friends about your site. We're all into conservation and the environment and the variety of offerings is really impressive.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985