From the Introduction: "The present paper is based mainly on the findings of various field trips undertaken by the present authors in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh in recent times, collections present in the National Zoological Collections and previous accounts. Species and sub-species recorded in earlier literature but not present in the National Zoological Collections or could not be found by the authors in the field are also dealt with. Altogether 449 species and sub-species of birds from Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh are discussed here. Manakandan and Pittie's (2001) classification of taxa has been adopted in the present account. The numbers used in the text against each species is according to the Handbook of India and Pakistan by Ali and Ripley (1987)."
2. Physiography of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh
4. Table 1: Habitat wise distribution of the birds of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh
5. Terms and abbreviations used
6. Systematic account
7. Table 2: Systematic list with status, habit and habitat
8. Table 3: Intergrading species and subspecies in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
the world’s foremost supplier of natural history and environmental books
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985