256 pages, colour photos
Discover the keys to capturing vibrant, compelling nature photographs with insights, tips and examples from a professional photographer and outdoorsman in Fearless Photographer: Nature. This unique, captivating book is the ideal reference tool for motivating aspiring, novice or more experienced amateur nature photographers alike. Fearless Photographer: Nature offers a wealth of powerful yet simple photographic techniques as it explores iconic subjects; surveys the latest relevant cameras, lenses and accessories; and examines composition and exposure.
Stunning images from nature and memorable photographic examples and stories inspire readers and encourage a fresh, unique approach to connecting with and photographing today's natural world. Readers learn or review the basics of nature photography and master creative techniques that enable them to successfully photograph subjects in nature, including spectacular landscapes, breath-taking wildlife as well as close-ups and reflections. They will also discover how to evaluate and simplify equipment needs and most effectively use today's post-production technology.
Part I: THE NATURE OF NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY
1. Walk on the Wild Side: Animal Photography
2. The Grand View: Landscapes and Seascapes
3. Bug-Eyed: Insects, Flowers and Fungus, Oh, My!
4. Double Vision: Finding and Photographing Reflections
5. When the Weather Acts Out: Snow and Rain
6. Including the Human Element
7. Defining Limits, Financial and Physical
8. Developing and Refining a Creative Style
Part II: EQUIPMENT
9. Equipment - A Radical Suggestions: Keep It Simple
10. Optics - The Long and Short of It
11. Making Sense of Digital Sensors
12. For the Luddite in All of Us: Film
13. Beasts of Burden: Tripods
14. Enhancing Reality: Filters, Flash and Reflectors
Part III: UNDERSTANDING RELATIONSHIPS
15. Near and Far: Composition
16. Light and Dark: Exposure
17. In and Out: Depth of Field
18. Hot and Cold: Controlling Color
19. Pre and Post Visualization: jpgs and RAW
Part IV: AFTER THE SHUTTER IS RELEASED
20. Post Processing - When Less Can Be More
21. Digital Presentation: On the Monitor, On the Web
22. Some Truths About Prints
23. Self-Awareness: Where You Have Gone and Where You Are Going
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
A highly respected professional photographer and freelance author, David Wyman brings a vivid passion to his photography and inspires an unmatched level of enthusiasm with readers. Mr. Wyman's photographs and articles have appeared in a variety of national publications, including Backpacker, Outdoor Photographer, Cross-Country Ski, Outside and many others. He has authored three distinguished pictorial guidebooks – Backroads of Northern California, Backroads of Southern California, and Yosemite in Photographs.