By: Eric Gilli(Author)
Please note: this is a translation of the French book Karstologie: Karsts, Grottes et Sources published by Dunod, Paris, in 2011.
Karst landscapes are home to 25% of the world's drinking water supplies, and in many countries water supply is highly dependent on karst aquifers. Their unique structures, containing many voids, are a particular problem for building corporations and land developers. Fundamental and Applied Karstology, written by the well-known karstologist Eric Gilli, presents a diverse range of chapters on: history of karstology, aquifers and their characterization, water supply management, coastal and submarine karsts, evolution of karst and paleokarst, paleontology, tourism, and oil and mineral reserves.
- Introduction and Definitions
- History of karstology
- Carbonate rocks
- The limestone dissolution
- Components of the karst landforms
- Different types of landforms
- The endokarst and the speleogenesis
- Evolution of karst and paleokarst
- Parakarsts and pseudokarsts
- Caving and study endokarst
- Karst aquifers
- Characterization of aquifers
- Water supply and Water management
- Coastal and submarine karst
- Management problems in karst areas
- Mineral Resournces
- Hydrothermalism and geothermy
- The study of paleoenvironments
- Geodesy and rock mechanics
- Paleontology, prehistory and biology
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I'm telling all my friends about your site. We're all into conservation and the environment and the variety of offerings is really impressive.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985