By: Eleanor Lawrence(Editor)
With over 22,000 entries, Henderson’s Dictionary of Biology is the most comprehensive on the market. It continues to be an essential reference for students, teachers and researchers within any of the biological sciences. This sixteenth edition includes over 200 new definitions such as new DNA techniques and statistical terms. Many of the existing definitions have also been updated to reflect the very latest developments in the field.
Preface to the Sixteenth Edition vii
Units and Conversions ix
SI Prefixes xi
Greek Alphabet xi
Common Latin and Greek Noun Endings xii
THE DICTIONARY 1– 640
1. An Outline of the Plant Kingdom (Domain Eukarya) 641
2. An Outline of the Kingdom Fungi (Domain Eukarya) 645
3. An Outline of the Animal Kingdom (Domain Eukarya) 647
4. An Outline of the Protists (Domain Eukarya) 655
5. An Outline of the Domain Bacteria 657
6. An Outline of the Domain Archaea 659
7. Virus Families 661
8. Geological Timescale 663
9. Etymological Origins of Some Common Word Elements in Biology 665
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Eleanor Lawrence is a freelance science writer and editor, and co-author of Longman Dictionary of Environmental Science.
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS has enriched my life with knowledge for many years now
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985