The bestselling Invitation to Oceanography continues to provide a modern,...
By: Paul R Pinet(Author)
620 pages, illustrations
Thoroughly updated to include the most recent and fascinating discoveries in oceanography, Invitation to Oceanography, Sixth Edition provides a modern, comprehensive, and student-friendly introduction to the field. Its content spans the four major divisions of ocean science – geology, chemistry, physics, and biology – while maintaining the conversational voice for which it is acclaimed.
The Sixth Edition includes new content on oceanographic research, oceanographic exploration, pacific ocean circulation, and the deep-sea bottom, as well as numerous updated and expanded feature boxes. The comprehensive online learning center, Oceanlink, provides students with numerous learning tools and study aids, including chapter outlines, practice quizzes, math tutor, animated flashcards, figure labeling exercises, and more!
New and Key Features of the Sixth Edition
– A rich pedagogy provides numerous feature boxes, end-of-chapter assessments, and an integrated student companion website to assist in student understanding and retention.
– Includes new content on oceanographic research, oceanographic exploration, pacific ocean circulation, deep-sea bottom, and more.
– New and revised figures keep pace with the latest data in the field.
– Updated feature boxes include: Killer Whales, Large Sharks, Collapse of the New England Fisheries, Red Tides, and many more.
– Instructor's material includes: PowerPoint Lecture Outlines, PowerPoint Image Bank, Animations, Instructor's Manual, and Testbank
Chapter 1 The Growth of Oceanography
Chapter 2 The Planet Oceanus
Chapter 3 The Origin of Ocean Basins
Chapter 4 Marine Sedimentation
Chapter 5 The Properties of Seawater
Chapter 6 Wind and Ocean Circulation
Chapter 7 Waves in the Ocean
Chapter 8 Tides
Chapter 9 Marine Ecology
Chapter 10 Biological Productivity in the Ocean
Chapter 11 The Dynamic Shoreline
Chapter 12 Coastal Habitats
Chapter 13 Ocean Habitats and Their Biota
Chapter 14 The Ocean’s Resources
Chapter 15 The Human Presence in the Ocean
Chapter 16 Global Climate Change and the Oceans
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM NHBS. I will continue to choose them wherever possible for future purchases. Good service deserves to be rewarded.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985