This the first book in the Landmark series of collected papers that aims to cover the key areas of the mineral sciences. Prof. Carmichael of the University of California, one of the world's foremost petrologists, introduces each paper and discusses its influence on the modern understanding of volcanic petrology.
- Variety and relations among volcanic rocks
- Silicic magmas and eruptive products
- Andesites and arc volcanism
- Evolution of basaltic magmas
- Mid-ocean ridge basalts (MORBs)
- Ultramafic liquids: Komatiites
- Magma mixing (subduction related magmas and MORBs)
- The volatile component in volcanic rocks
- Extraterrestrial petrology
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Thank You and Aloha
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985