Magenta Bat 5
The Magenta Bat5 is a handheld Superheterodyne Bat Detector with an illuminated easy to read lcd frequency display. It is a fantastic entry-level detector which converts bat ultrasonic signals into the human audible range so that you can hear their calls. The Magenta Bat5 has a dial to allow you to listen to the required frequency and an LCD display which displays the frequency that the detector is tuned into. For details of the frequencies and sounds produced by British bats we recommend the FSC Guide to British Bats, a fold-out field sheet identification guide.
Magenta Bat 5 Features
* Clear backlit 4 digit LCD frequency display - Quartz accurate
* Large digits - highly visible for day and night use
* Enhanced oscillator frequency range 10kHz to 130kHz
* Extended low frequency coverage - suitable for insects and some birds
* Custom moulded compact efficient design
* Specially contoured microphone housing for enhanced frequency sensitivity
* requires 4 x AAA Alkaline, NiCd, or NiMH 'environmentally friendly' rechargeable cells (not provided)
* Low power design gives very long battery life
* Top illuminated large diameter frequency dial
* Conveniently placed output sockets on the bottom edge of the case
* Constant level recorder output socket
* Headphone socket which automatically mutes loudspeaker
* Build in LED torch
* Edgewise volume and frequency controls for easy one-handed operation
* Wrist strap for added security and convenience when taking notes.
Magenta Bat Detector Case - keep your bat detector safe and clean in the field.
* Highly linear heterodyne oscillator for easy frequency setting
* Multi-stage active filters for stable loudspeaker operation over the whole frequency range
* Fixed level recorder output socket - before the volume control - simplifies recording
* Headphone socket suitable for any stereo headphones from 8 ohms upwards
* Short-circuit proof headphone output
* Wide range equalised microphone - sensitive across the whole frequency range
* Low noise circuit techniques optimised for wide bandwidth with minimum noise
View other products from the same publisher
There are currently no organisations listed for this subjectIf you are involved in a scientific, conservation or environmental organisation and would like to be listed, please see our NHBS-Xchange information page.