By: ROB Wijesekera
As the medicinal plant industry blooms into a billion dollar business, it reaches beyond collection, propagation, harvesting and sale of crude vegetal drugs into product formulation, packaging and dispensing of sophisticated phyto-pharmaceuticals and herbal preparations. The scientific study of these medicines and the systematic uplifting of the industry to preserve the ancient and serve the modern, is now a global challenge.
Medicinal Plant Industry puts together the various facets of this multi-disciplinary industry and its global interest. It discusses the dire need for developing countries to acquire technologies and techniques for programmed cultivation of medicinal plants. It addresses a wide variety of topics including the old philosophies, modern impact of traditional medicines, and methods of assessing the spontaneous flora for industrial utilization. It covers aspects of cultivation and climatic variations, biological assessment and formulation, process technologies, phytochemical research and information sources. Medicinal Plant Industry reviews highly developed traditional medicine in China and India, and covers experiences in Africa and other continents.
- Plant Derived Medicines and Their Role in Global Health
- Methodology of Economic Mapping of Medicinal Plants in the Spontaneous Flora
- Biological Preconditions for Cultivation and Processing of Medicinal Plants
- Agrotechnology of Medicinal Plants
- Climatic and Geographical Aspects of Medicinal Plant Constituents
- Methods for Biological Assessment of Plant Medicines
- Technologies for the Processing of Medicinal Plants
- Quality Control and Instrumental Analysis of Plant Extracts
- Formulation of Plant Extracts into Dosage Forms
- Some Current Trends in Medicinal Plants Research
- Traditional Remedies and Modern Assessment: The Case of Ginseng
- Utilization of Medicinal Plants: Recent Developments from the Chinese Experiences
- Recent Developments from Indian Medicinal Plants
- Recent Researches on Medicinal Plants in the African Region
- Screening and Processing of Plant Materials for Potential Pharmaceutical Needs-Experiences and Application in Three Continents
- Information on Medicinal Plants
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is a national institution, not to say an international one, in the world of natural history!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985