By: Yunbi Xu
752 pages, illustrations, tables
Recent advances in plant genomics and molecular biology have revolutionized our understanding of plant genetics, providing new opportunities for more efficient and controllable plant breeding. Successful techniques require a solid understanding of the underlying molecular biology as well as experience in applied plant breeding. Bridging the gap between developments in biotechnology and its applications in plant improvement, Molecular Plant Breeding provides an integrative overview of issues from basic theories to their applications to crop improvement including molecular marker technology, gene mapping, genetic transformation, quantitative genetics, and breeding methodology.
1.Plant Breeding: from Art to Science
2. Quantitative Traits: Variance, Heritability, and Selection Index
3. Molecular Breeding Tools: Markers and Maps
4. Molecular Breeding Tools: Chips and Omics
5. Populations in Genetics and Breeding
6. Plant Genetic Resources: Management, Evaluation and Enhancement
7. Molecular Dissection of Complex Traits: Theory
8. Molecular Dissection of Complex Traits: Practice
9. Marker Assisted Selection: Theory
10. Marker Assisted Selection: Practice
11. Genotype by Environment Interaction
12. Isolation and Functional Analysis of Genes
13. Gene Transfer and Genetically Modified Plants
14. Intellectual Property Rights and Plant Variety Protection
15. Breeding Informatics and Decision Support Tools
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I have always been MOST impressed by the efficiency, courtesy, integrity and professionalism of NHBS!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985