This text on contemporary optical systems is intended for optical...
Series: Springer Series in Optical Sciences Volume: 87
By: Peter Török(Editor), Fu-Jen Kao(Editor)
395 pages, colour & b/w illustrations
This text on contemporary optical systems is intended for optical researchers and engineers, graduate students and optical microscopists in the biological and biomedical sciences. It consists of three parts: The first discusses high-aperture optical systems, which form the backbone of optical microscopes. Here particular attention is paid to optical data storage. The second part is on the use of non-linear optical techniques, including non-linear optical excitation (second and third harmonic generation and two-photon microscopy) and non-linear spectroscopy (CARS). The final part of Optical Imaging and Microscopy presents miscellaneous techniques that are either novel or well known but finding new applications. An example of the latter is adaptive optics, which is a well-established method, for example, in astronomy. However, its application in eye imaging in combination with high power pulsed lasers, opens a novel approach to eye surgery.
- Polarized Light Microscopy - Exploring Living Cells and Molecular Dynamics
- Pol-Scope - Aperture Coding
- Characterizing High Numerical Aperture Microscope Objective Lenses
- Diffractive Read-Out of Optical Disks
- Superresolution in Scanning Optical Systems
- Nonlinear Optical Microscopy
- Parametric Nonlinear Optical Techniques in Microscopy
- Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging in Optical Microscopy
- Adaptive Optics
- White-Light Phase-Shifting Interferometry
- Surface Plasmon and Surface Wave Microscopy
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Applications of Optical Microscopy in Materials Science
- Near-Field Optical Microscopy and Application to Nano-Photonics
- Optical Trapping
- Aperture Coding in Optical Microscopy
- Extended Field-of-View Optical Systems
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Many thanks, your customer service is certainly something to be proud of.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985