Our Beautiful Moon and Its Mysterious Magnetism is a summary of the history of discovering the moon. The author has been involved in the Apollo program, working with its samples and this book covers these efforts. It describes the analysis methods of lunar samples and their interpretation to understand lunar paleomagnetism.
Our Beautiful Moon and Its Mysterious Magnetism has adopted an historical approach throughout, tracing the development of the ideas of the Earth-moon system, of the birth of the space age, of paleomagnetism and finally of lunar magnetism and its evidence for an early lunar dynamo.
1. The Moon in antiquity and in the development of modern science
2. Modern and lunar science and geoscience before the Apollo Landings
3. The birth of the space age and unmanned missions to the moon
4. Apollo: Getting to the moon
5. Advances in lunar science with Apollo
6. The Earth's magnetism - paleomagnetism as a rosetta stone for earth history
7, Lunar paleomagnetism - methods and preliminaries
8. Impact related shock on the lunar surface and the lunar paleomagnetic record
9. Lunar paleomagnetism and the case for an early lunar dynamo
10. Lunar magnetism in the grand scheme of lunar history
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Mike Fuller Education: B.S., Natural Science, Cambridge University, 1958 Ph.D., Department of Geodesy and Geophysics, Cambridge University, 1961 Positions: Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Postdoctoral Fellow, 1961-62. Gulf Research and Development Laboratory, Research Geophysicist, 1962-65. University of Pittsburgh, Associate Professor, 1965-68, Professor, 1968-74, (Chair, Department of Earth & Planetary Sciences, 1966-1972). University of California, Santa Barbara, Professor, 1974-1994 (Chair, Department of Geological Sciences, 1986-1991). Professor Emeritus University of California, Santa Barbara, 1994- Research Professor, University of Hawaii, HIGP-SOEST, Senior Researcher 1997-2010 HIGP Affiliate 2010
Your orders support book donation projects
Your prompt attention has beaten almost every other material supplier hands down.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985