Plant Genetic Resources and Climate Change will address the current state of climate change predictions, and how climate change will affect conservation and use of crop germplasm, both ex situ and in situ. In addition, specific examples of germplasm research related to 'climate change threats' will be highlighted. Such activities need to take place under a regime of access to and use of germplasm through international conventions and treaties.
1. Food security, climate change and genetic resources
2. Genetic resources and conservation challenges under the threat of climate change
3. Climate projections
4. Effects of climate change on potential food production and risk of hunger
5. Regional impacts of climate change on agriculture and the role of adaptation
6. International mechanisms for conservation and use of genetic resources
7. Crop wild relatives and climate change
8. Climate change and on-farm conservation of crop landraces in centres of diversity
9. Germplasm databases and informatics
10. Exploring 'omics' of genetic resources to mitigate the effects of climate change
11. Harnessing meiotic recombination for improved crop varieties
12. High temperature stress
15. Response to flooding: submergence tolerance in rice
16. Effects of climate change on plant-insect interactions and prospects for resistance breeding using genetic resources
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Michael Jackson OBE is formerly of the International Rice Research Institute, Philippines, and the International Potato Center, Peru.
Brian Ford-Lloyd is Professor of Conservation Genetics at the University of Birmingham, UK.
Martin Parry OBE is Visiting professor at the Centre for Environmental Policy, Imperial College, UK, member of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
Your orders support book donation projects
EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM NHBS. I will continue to choose them wherever possible for future purchases. Good service deserves to be rewarded.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985