This volume provides a broad, contemporary review of plant lipid biology and its applications, drawing on recent advances in cell biology, biochemistry, biophysics, genomics, molecular biology and genetic engineering. It is directed at researchers and professionals in plant biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology and genetics, in both the academic and industrial sectors.
1. The study and utilisation of plant lipids: from margarine to lipid rafts
2. Fatty acid biosynthesis
3. Fatty acid manipulation
4. Membrane lipids
5. Storage lipids
6. Lipid-associated proteins
7. The plant cuticle: formation and structure of epidermal surfaces
8. Inositol-containing lipids - roles in cellular signalling
10. Prenyllipids and their derivatives: Sterols, prenylquinones, carotenoids and terpenoids
11. Non-food lipids
...this volume provides a review of recent advances of some essential aspects in the biochemistry, molecular biology and biotechnology of plant lipids. (Hartmut Lichtenthaler, Insititute of Botany, University of Karlsruhe, Germany in Journal of Plant Physiology 162 (2005)) "(the book)...guarantees topical reviews, which are needed for the scientific community especially for those newly starting their research in one of the covered fields." (Hartmut Lichtenthaler, Insititute of Botany, University of Karlsruhe, Germany in Journal of Plant Physiology 162 (2005)).
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!