Polymer and cell dynamics play an important role in processes like tumor growth, metastasis, embryogenesis, immune reactions and regeneration. Polymer and Cell Dynamics – based on an international workshop on numerical simulations of polymer and cell dynamics in Bad Honnef (Germany) in 2000 – provides an overview of the relevant mathematical and numerical methods, their applications and limits. The contributions are from the fields of applied and numerical mathematics, scientific computing, theoretical physics, molecular biophysics, cell and molecular biology as well as chemical and biomedical engineering. Polymer and Cell Dynamics will be of interest to scientists and advanced undergraduates in the fields of biotechnology, biomedicine, applied mathematics, biomathematics, biophysics and bioinformatics.
Part I: Molecular Dynamics and Protein Configuration
- Introduction to Part I
- Molecular Dynamics Studies of Micelle and Capsid Self-assembly
- A Functional Study on Saposin B and C Using Experimentally Validated Models
- The Morph Server and the Macromolecular Motions Database: A Standardized System for Analyzing and Visualizing Macromolecular Motions in a Database Framework
Part II: Polymer Dynamics and Cell Motility
- Introduction to Part II
- Brownian Dynamics of Flexible Polymers in Flow
- A Microscopic Model for the Dynamics of Actin Filaments in Motility Assays and Its Numerical Simulation
- Multiparticle Modeling of Actin-Myosin Networks: From Molecular Interactions to Cell Motility
- Analysis of Cell Motility Combining Cytomechanical Model Simulations and an Optical Flow Method
- Micropipet Aspiration of the Human Neutrophil
- Physical-Object-Oriented 3D Simulations of Cell Deformations and Migration
Part III: Multicellular Dynamics
- Introduction to Part III
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I'm telling all my friends about your site. We're all into conservation and the environment and the variety of offerings is really impressive.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985