The Programmable Heated Wooden Bat Box is made from external grade FSC certified European birch plywood and is designed to be situated on either an internal or external wall. It has ceramic inserts which create ideal crevice spaces for common and soprano pipistrelles. These inserts can also be removed, making the box suitable for cavity dwelling species such as brown long eared bats.
The box is connected to a programmable temperature controller via a 10m cable. The controller is powered from the mains (220-240V AC) and will let you set the monthly daytime and night time temperatures. It also has wireless capabilities to enable off-site setup and monitoring.
* This box is very easy to install. Just site the bat box on an internal or external wall using screws or nails (four required) and run the 10m cable into the building. Connect the cable to the controller box and then plug the control box into a mains socket. Extension cables are available if required. The box is supplied with default temperatures programmed, but these can be easily changed.
* Designed with safety in mind, the heated bat box has numerous features which will ensure the safety of both bats and humans. All electrical parts are enclosed and external parts are double insulated. An integrated residual current circuit breaker protects users from electrical shock. Inside the box, the ceramic heater has a “fireguard” which prevents the bats from getting too close to it. Audible alarms will sound in the event of malfunction or overheating.
* The box has excellent thermal characteristics providing the inhabitants with a consistent environment. An internal ceramic heat sink helps to regulate temperature stability and the three separate crevices provide a range of temperatures for them to choose. The ladder at the base of the box, also acts as a convector heater; when it heats in the sun, this warmth rises up into the box.
* The box can be opened easily and is secured with just one screw. This means that if it needs to be inspected by a licensed bat worker it will be a quick and simple process.
* The control box is fully programmable and will let you set daily high and low temperatures for each month of the year. It is also possible to set the daily ramp duration for adjusting between daily high and low temperatures as well as the monthly ramp duration for transition between months.
* The control box allows wireless internet connection, which means that it can be set up and monitored off-site.
* The controller is designed so that up to three additional boxes can be added if required. This means that four heated bat boxes can all be monitored and programmed remotely with separate annual schedules using a single controller. Additional bat boxes available to purchase separately.
Please note: This is a special order item. Confirmed orders cannot be cancelled and you will not be able to return the box unless it is faulty and requires repair.
* External height: 490mm
* External width: 260mm (body), 282mm (including cable gland)
* External depth: 130mm
* Entrance slot width: 17mm
* Number of internal crevices: 3
* Mounting holes: 4 x 4mm diameter
* Weight: 8kg
* Colour: Black
* Housing: Mild steel and ABS with rubber feet
* External height: 62mm
* External width: 237mm
* External depth: 255mm (including cable sockets)
* Colour: Grey/black
* Control range: 0°C to 70°C
* Controller operating conditions: 0°C to 60°C / 20% to 85%RH (non-condensing)
* Controller type: Microprocessor, with isolating relays
* Memory: Non-volatile memory stores parameter settings on power down
* Power consumption: Less than 3W
* Principle conformances: EN61010-1; EN61326-1; EN60529 (IP40)
Mains cord and plug:
* Power cord to temperature controller: Approx. 2m
* Rated voltage: 240V
* RCD type: Double pole RCD contact breaker (non-latching; requires reset each use)
* Rated trip current: 30mA
* Typical trip speed: 40mS
* Fuse rating: 3A
* Principle conformances: BS 7071; EN 60309-2; BS 1362
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!