By: American Association of University Professors(Author)
The reputation of a college or institution depends upon the integrity of its faculty and administration. Though budgets are important, ethics are vital, and a host of new ethical problems now beset higher education. From MOOCS and intellectual property rights to drug industry payments and conflicts of interest, Recommended Principles to Guide Academy-Industry Relationships offers AAUP policy language and best practices to deal with all the campus-wide challenges of today's corporate university:
- Preserving the integrity of research and public respect for higher education
- Eliminating and managing individual and institutional financial conflicts of interest
- Maintaining unbiased hiring and recruitment policies
- Establishing grievance procedures and due process rights for faculty, graduate students, and academic professionals
- Mastering the complications of negotiations over patents and copyright
- Assuring the ethics of research involving human subjects.
In a time of dynamic change "Recommended Principles to Guide Academy-Industry Relationships "offers an indispensable and authoritative guide to sustaining integrity and tradition while achieving great things in twenty-first century academia.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
We welcome the range and price of boxes available and have been delighted with the speedy service compared to other suppliers.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985