Recruitment at NHBS
2nd May 2013
NHBS is looking for a Customer Services Advisor
NHBS is the leading supplier of natural history books and wildlife equipment to customers around the world. We are a customer-focused online and offline mail-order retailer, looking for a confident, skilled and enthusiastic Customer Services Advisor to join our busy team. The customer services team is the first point of contact for our diverse range of customers, and we are looking to add a team member with an interest in our expanding wildlife equipment range.
The job is full-time (37.5 hrs per week); salary: £13-14,500 pa; holiday 20 days pa; based in Totnes, Devon.
Here's who we're looking for:
You're the type of person who thrives on getting details right, enjoys communicating effectively with customers and colleagues alike, and is confident in prioritising multiple demands.
We offer a fast-paced environment where team-work, initiative and quick thinking are valued, and where a demonstrated passion for ideas and for what NHBS does is more important than specific knowledge in any field.
If you were working for us, here are some of things you might have done in the last month:
- Answered a phone call from a customer in South Africa whose order has been held up in customs
- Calculated a shipping rate for a pallet of bat boxes to be delivered to a building site
- Conferred with the NHBS Equipment Manager about a new range of bird nest boxes
- Authorised the return of an item to NHBS
- Acknowledged new orders that have come in through the nhbs.com shopping basket
- Advised a customer by phone about the availability of a number of books
- Entered new sales orders from letters, faxes and phone calls
- Decided which orders can be dispatched today
- Liaised with the NHBS purchasing manager about a delayed product
- Helped a customer choose the best field guide for their trip to Costa Rica
How to apply:
We are looking for someone who is interested in what NHBS does and how we can help our customers, and we will only consider applications that state clearly your interest in working for NHBS in your covering letter.
Please email your CV and Covering Letter to the Operations Manager, Anneli Meeder (firstname.lastname@example.org), by the 15th of May 2013. Interviews will be conducted in late May. After interview for the post candidates will complete a trial day before being made a formal offer of employment.