Environmental chemistry is a fast developing science aimed at deciphering fundamental mechanisms ruling the behaviour of pollutants in ecosystems. Applying this knowledge to current environmental issues leads to the remediation of environmental media, and to new, low energy, low emission, sustainable processes.The topics that would be covered in this series, but not limited to, are major achievements of environmental chemistry for sustainable development such as nanotech applications; biofuels, solar and alternative energies; pollutants in air, water, soil and food; greenhouse gases; radioactive pollutants; endocrine disruptors and other pharmaceuticals; pollutant archives; ecotoxicology and health risk; pollutant remediation; geoengineering; green chemistry; contributions bridging unexpectedly far disciplines such as environmental chemistry and social sciences; and participatory research with end-users.
The books series will encompass all scientific aspects of environmental chemistry through a multidisciplinary approach.
- Environmental Engineering/Biotechnology
- Waste Management/Waste Technology
- Pollution, general
- Atmospheric Protection/Air Quality Control/Air Pollution
- Analytical Chemistry
Other disciplines include: Agriculture, Building Types and Functions, Climate Change, Ecosystems, Ecotoxicology, Geochemistry, Nanochemistry, Nanotechnology and Microengineering, Social Sciences
The aim of the series is to publish 2 to 4 book per year.
- Academic/Corporate/Hospital Libraries
- Practitioners / Professionals
- Scientists / Researchers
Type of books (edited volumes, monographs, proceedings, textbooks, etc.)
List of subject areas the series will cover
- Analytical chemistry, novel methods
- Biofuels, alternative energies
- Carbon cycle and sequestration
- Climate change, greenhouse gases
- Ecotoxicology and risk assessment
- Environmental chemistry and the society
- Genomics and environmental chemistry
- Green chemistry
- Health and environmental chemistry
- Internet and environmental chemistry
- Novel concepts in environmental chemistry
- Organic pollutants, endocrine disrupters
- Participatory research with end-users
- Pollution of water, soils, air and food
- Radioactive pollutants
- Remediation technologies
- Waste treatment and recycling
- Toxic metals
Forthcoming volumes in this series will be added to this page as soon as we become aware of them.
Please contact email@example.com about setting up a standing order, or if you would like to be notified when we add new volumes.