By: HG Jones(Editor), DA Walker(Editor), JW Pomeroy(Editor), R Hoham(Editor)
378 pages, illustrations, tables
Originally published in 2001, Snow Ecology was the first book to integrate the study of snow and ice in the physical, chemical and biological sciences into a multidisciplinary overview of life in, on and under snow. Snow Ecology: An Interdisciplinary Examination of Snow-Covered Ecosystems opens up a perspective on snow cover as a habitat for organisms under extreme environmental conditions and as a key factor in the ecology of much of the earth's surface. Acknowledged experts in the disciplines that constitute snow science provide an understanding of the interrelationships between snow structure and life. It will form a useful textbook for advanced courses in biology, ecology, geography, environmental science and earth science where an important component is devoted to the study of the cryosphere. It will also be useful as a reference text for graduate students, researchers and professionals at academic institutions and in government and non-governmental agencies with environmental concerns.
"This book will be an important resource for many years, and it should be on the bookshelf of every ecologist concerned with polar or alpine regions."
- Trends in Ecology and Evolution
1. Snow cover and the climate system Pavel Ya. Groisman and T. D. Davies
2. Physical properties of snow John Pomeroy and E. Brun
3. The chemistry of snow Martyn Tranter and H. G. Jones
4. Microbial ecology of snow and fresh-water ice with emphasis on snow algae Ron Hoham and Brian Duval
5. The effect of snow cover on small animals C. W. Aitchison
6. Snow vegetation interactions in tundra environments D. A. Walker, W. D. Billings and J. G. de Molenaar
7. Tree-ring dating of past snow regimes Yves Begin and Simon Boivin
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
- Pavel Ya. Groisman
- T. D. Davies
- John Pomeroy
- E. Brun
- Martyn Tranter
- H. G. Jones
- Ron Hoham
- Brian Duval
- C. W. Aitchison
- D. A. Walker
- W. D. Billings
- J. G. de Molenaar
- Yves Bégin
- Simon Boivin
Your orders support book donation projects
We welcome the range and price of boxes available and have been delighted with the speedy service compared to other suppliers.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985