Even in this internet age, nothing can beat having all the information you need as a birdwatcher in one handy volume. For the past 33 years, The Birdwatcher’s Yearbook has been acclaimed as the most comprehensive reference work for the British birdwatching scene. In 336 fact-filled pages, the Yearbook seeks to provide a comprehensive compendium of verified information covering all aspects of the hobby. Why trawl the internet endlessly, and often fruitlessly, when the information you want is all in one handy volume?
The many features of the 2013 edition include:
- A giant address book, which will enable readers to make contact with their county recorder, the nearest bird club or BTO representative, the closest bird hospital, the organisers of national bird surveys and bird conservation groups, plus so many more.
- A Birding Diary & Notebook element for recording each field trip, plus up-to-date Checklists for birds (based on the BOU British List), butterflies and dragonflies.
- Fully updated guide to more than 400 UK bird and nature reserves.
- Tide table information right through to April 2014 to help readers get the best from their coastal bird trips.
- Special features: The history of the British Birdwatching Fair, New technology being used by BTO for bird recording, Ornithological news headlines, Best Bird Books of the Year and Your guide to birding websites worth viewing.
- Birding events diary for 2013.
- Directories to lecturers, artists, photographers and trade outlets of interest to birdwatchers.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
They [the books] arrived in wonderful condition and it was a joy to see how well they were protected.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985