The Environmental Impact Statement After Two Generations is about a subject that Michael Greenberg has worked on and lived with for almost forty years. He was brought up in the south Bronx at a time when his neighborhood suffered from terrible air and noise pollution, and domestic waste went untreated into the Hudson River. For him, the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) was a blessing. It included an ethical position about the environment, and the law required some level of accountability in the form of an environmental impact statement, or EIS. After forty years of thinking about and working with NEPA and the EIS process, Greenberg decided to conduct his own evaluation from the perspective of a person trained in science who focuses on environmental and environmental health policies.
The Environmental Impact Statement After Two Generations is a book of carefully chosen real case studies which goes beyond the familiar checklists of what to do, and shows students and practitioners alike what really happens during the creation and implementation of an EIS.
1. A Statement of Values and Forty Years of Field Trials
2. Metropolitan New Jersey: Transportation, Sprawl and Urban Revitalization
3. Ellis Island, New York Harbor: Time Closes in on a National Cultural Treasure
4. Sparrows Point, Maryland: Proposed Liquefied Natural Gas Facilities
5. Johnston Island: Destruction of the U.S. Chemical Weapons Stockpile
6. Savannah River Nuclear Weapons Facility: Managing the Legacy of the Military's Nuclear Factory
7. Animas-La Plata, Four Corners: Water Rights and the Ute Legacy
8. NEPA and the Challenges of the Early 21st Century
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Michael R. Greenberg is a Professor and Dean at Rutgers University and the author of more than 20 books and 300 articles about environmental policy. He serves as Associate Editor for environmental health for the American Journal of Public Health, and is Editor-in-Chief of Risk Analysis: An International Journal.
Your orders support book donation projects
This really is first rate customer service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985