By: Keith Watson(Author)
422 pages, 24 plates with colour photos; 660+ b/w distribution maps
This is the first full flora of the Vice County of Renfrewshire (Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire, Inverdyde and parts of southend north-west Glasgow). It marks the culmination of over 50 years of field recording by local botanists and over 18 years of fieldwork and in-depth search of historical records by the author.
The flora contains:
- Over 1500 species occounts that indude first record, status, distribution and ecology;
- More than 660 dot maps of native and frequently encountered alien speices;
- Introductory chapters on geology soils, landscape, climate, historical recording and tlie changing environment;
- Discussion chapters on distribution patterns, floristic distribution patterns, floristic conservation;
- 24 pages of colour plates of maps and photographs showing botanical hotspots and local notable species.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Keith Watson is Glasgow Museums' Botany Curator and has botanized in the Glasgow area for over 25 years. He has co-authored The Changing Flora of Glasgow and has been the Botanical Society of the British Isles Recorder for Renfrewshire (Vice County 76) since 1994.
Your orders support book donation projects
Shopping at NHBS is always good. The range of books is wide, the service is excellent, the orders arrive swiftly.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985