By: Ruth Nussbaum(Author), Markku Simula(Author)
300 pages, illustrations, tables
First published in 1995, The Forest Certification Handbook has become the landmark book concerning all aspects of forest and wood product certification from policy to business to in-the-field technical issues. Yet since first publication an enormous amount has happened in the field. This new second edition has been entirely rewritten to incorporate the changes over the past decade, and is a complete and up-to-date source of information on all aspects of developing, selecting and operating a forest certification programme that provides both market security and raises standards of forest management.
"A clear and balanced overview of the key issues relating to timber certification"
- Chris Elliot, Director, WWF International Forest Programme, on the first edition
"I strongly recommend it to [...] forest managers, traders, government officials or simply those who are concerned for the future of forests"
- Duncan Poore
Part I: How Forest Certification Schemes Work
- What is a Forest Certification Scheme? Forest Standards
- Product Tracing and Claims
Part II: Forest Certification in Practice
- Getting Started
- Implementing the Standard
- Getting Certified
- Setting up a Group Scheme
- Implementing the System
- Getting Certified and Making Claims
Part III: Existing Forest Certification Schemes
- An Overview of Existing Schemes
Part IV: Certification in Context: Policy, Progress and Remaining Issues
- The Policy and Institutional Context of Certification
- A Decade of Forest Certification: Impacts, Costs and Benefits
- The Enabling Conditions Framework: An Analytical Tool
- Phased Approaches to Forest Certification
- Capacity Building
- Small Forest Enterprises and Certification
- Selecting a Forest Certification Scheme
- New Applications of Forest Certification
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Ruth Nussbaum is Director of ProForest. Markku Simula is a senior consultant, member of the Board of Directors of Indufor and an external adviser on the State of the World's Forests for the FAO
Your orders support book donation projects
The packaging of both books was superb and they are in pristine condition. Thank you again for the service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985