Series: Springer Climate
By: Leila Maria Véspoli de Carvalho(Editor), Charles Jones(Editor)
359 pages, 94 colour & 11 b/w illustrations, 94 colour tables
The Monsoons and Climate Change presents a global overview examining monsoon variability in South Asia, Australian, South America and North American, as well as a focus on glaciers and monsoon systems. Monsoon systems are important components of the Earth's climate and play fundamental roles in water and energy balances. The variability and changes in the monsoons affect millions of people and the economies of many countries. This book presents the physical mechanisms involved with monsoon systems, including recent modeling advances addressing climate changes and future projections. The Monsoons and Climate Change will be of interest to both graduate students and researchers.
- Overview of Monsoons and Climate Change
- Global Monsoon in a Changing Climate
- South Asian Summer Monsoon Variability in a Changing Climate
- Projecting Changes of the Asian Summer Monsoon Through the 21st Century
- The Australian Summer Monsoon and Its Potential Changes in Future Climate
- The South American Monsoon
- Recent and Possible Future Variations in the North American Monsoon
- Connection Between the North and South American Monsoons
- The East African Monsoon System: Seasonal Climatologies and Recent Variations
- The Madden-Julian Oscillation and the Monsoons
- Glaciers and Monsoon Systems
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Dr. Leila M. V. Carvalho is an atmospheric scientist and specializes on the study of the monsoons and climate change Dr. Charles Jones is an atmospheric scientist and specializes on intraseasonal variations and its impacts on a range of climate processes.
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS never fails to deliver
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985