By: William Marshall Smart(Author)
258 pages, b/w illustrations
First published in 1953, as the second edition of a 1951 original, The Origin of the Earth was written for the general reader by the renowned Scottish astronomer William Marshall Smart (1889–1975). The text presents an accessible account of the history of earth, incorporating the contributions of astronomy, physics, chemistry, geology and biology within the main theme. Numerous illustrative figures are also included. The Origin of the Earth will be of value to anyone with an interest in the development of earth and the history of science.
Part I. Whence?
2. General description of the solar system
3. General description of the Earth
4. General description of the moon and planets
5. A provisional summing-up
Part II. When?
6. The geological record and the conflict with physical science
7. Radioactivity to the rescue
8. The astronomical evidence
Part III. How?
9. From the nebular hypothesis to the present day
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Pretty cool. I have to say that I have enjoyed my interaction with your company.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985