Language: English, with brief French summary of both the generic synopses and species-level accounts
This book is a complete, thorough and definitive monographic review of the taxonomy currently in use, the taxonomic status, and a taxonomic history, for ALL known species of New World Saturniidae in the fourth (and final) subfamily Hemileucinae. For each genus of Hemileucinae there is a thorough taxonomic discussion of the basis for that genus as well as its taxonomic history.
For each species there is
1) a listing of all synonyms and types,
2) a description of important characters to augment the color plates,
3) a description of male and female genitalia to augment the genitalia drawings,
4) drawings of legs and antennae to document their important traits for both species discrimination and higher order taxonomy,
5) a listing of known localities to augment the maps,
6) a discussion of taxonomic and geographic complications if any be, and
7) a brief summary of all known caterpillar natural history (many reared in France from eggs sent from all over the New World).
While all this is in English, there is a brief French summary of both the generic synopses and the species-level accounts.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I'm telling all my friends about your site. We're all into conservation and the environment and the variety of offerings is really impressive.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985