The Witt Catalogue
A planned 60-volume set covering the superfamily Noctuoidea.
The evergreen complaint of both professional and non-professional entomologists is that they have simply no time and opportunity to trace the everyday changes in the literature and follow the continous increasing of the known fauna. Species described in scientific journals and books are often difficult to access and/or not affordable at all. Comprehensive literature (like the Seitz series of the early 20th century) covering large biogeographic regions became rather out of date or simple missing. Since than not only the number of species described increased significantly but also the techniques and standards in Lepidopterology improved so much that the publication of a new comprehensive series has became indispensable:
- carry out the taxonomic revisions of all groups of the giant superfamily Noctuoidea, covering a considerable part of the Old World fauna (Eurasia and temperate North Africa);
- summarise and revise the morpho-taxonomic information available;
- provide an update biogeography of Noctuoidea;
- publish these informations on a very high standard at an affordable price.
Forthcoming volumes in this series will be added to this page as soon as we become aware of them.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org about setting up a standing order, or if you would like to be notified when we add new volumes.
View other products from the same publisher
Related organisations include:
- Association of Tropical Lepidoptera
- Butterfly Conservation Society
- Kimmo's Lep Site
- The Lepidopterists' Society