Challenges of a Changing Earth presents a state-of-the-science overview of global change and its consequences for human societies.
Challenges of a Changing Earth highlights four areas of critical importance – food, water resources, air quality and the carbon cycle – from both science and policy perspectives, and points the way towards the new scientific approaches needed to study the Earth System in the future.
"This book presents a state-of-the-science overview of global change and its consequences for human societies. It highlights four areas of critical importance: food, water resources, air quality, and the carbon cycle. From both science and policy prespectives; discusses the new scientific approaches needed to study the Earth system in the future; and summarizes recent advances in understanding in global change science."
- American Meteorological Society
- Towards a Scientific Understanding of Global Change
- Achievements and Challenges: Food, Land, Water and Oceans; Air Quality in the 21st Century; The Global Carbon Cycle; Global Change and the Challenge for the Future
- Advances in Understanding: Global Biogeochemistry; Land-Ocean Interactions; The Climate System; Hot-Spots of Land-Use Change
- Looking to the Future: Simulating and Observing the Earth System; Does the Earth System Need Biodiversity; Can Technology Spare the Planet; Towards Global Sustainability
- Amsterdam Declaration on Global Change
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Such prompt and efficient service is rare nowadays.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985