348 pages, 59 map sheets, illus, tabs & photos
The Geological Atlas of China is a comprehensive special-subject work consisting chiefly of geological maps accompanied with all kinds of supplementary maps, tables, figures, photos and relevant written explanations. In content, Geological Atlas of China comprises geological maps of the world. Asia, China and China' various large administrative regions, provinces, municipalities directly under the Central Government, and autonomous regions on different scales, so as to help the reader to have a deep-going understanding of the geological structure and its developmental history of a particular area against the geological backgrounds on a global or regional scale. These geological maps form the main part of Geological Atlas of China.
In addition, a series of nationawide special-subject maps have been also compiled. The functions of these maps are:
1. to reflect clearly the academic thoughts of the compilation;
2. to sum up the geological content of relevant specialities in maps of provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions;
3. to help the reader to have a further understanding of the geological characteristics of China from the maps of various branches of geology;
4. to supplement content of some specialities that cannot be expressed in geological maps of provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions, e.g.seismicity, crustal stability,lithospheric and crustal thickness, and hydrogeology;
5. to embody coexistence of different academic views
Geological Atlas of China tries to express geological records objectively and accurately and reflect as much geological information as possible on the map surface. Written stratigraphic tables, appended maps and tables and photos are all further explanations for all kinds of geologic bodies expressed in Geological Atlas of China.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!