144 pages, Col photos, tabs, maps
Pages of full-colour graphics break down hardcore statistics to provide a compelling, succinct analysis of all the political, social, economic and ecological nightmares that keep us awake at night.
* The world's car population has grown five times as fast as the human population over the last 50 years.
* Fifty-one of the top 100 economies are corporations not countries.
* Over 27,000 objects have been sent in to space.
* Germany generates more tourists than anyone else.
* Australians use 496 times more water than Gambians...
If you lie awake at night worrying about whether you're right to be worried, look no further. For an accessible yet comprehensive survey of the world today, this classic atlas is unmatched.
New York Times
The State of the World Atlas is something else - an occasion of wit and an act of subversion...These are the bad dreams of the modern world, given color and shape and submitted to a grid that can be grasped instantaneously.
Los Angeles Times
Unique and uniquely beautiful...A single map here tells us more about the world today than a dozen abstracts or scholarly tomes.
International Herald Tribune
A striking new approach to cartography...no-one wishing to keep a grip on the reality of the world should be without these books.
Packed with fascinating facts and figures on everything from the international drugs industry to climate change.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!